Music Banter - View Single Post - Spotify: worth signing up?
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 02:56 PM   #65 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcast View Post
Spotify's newest update was so damn terrible that I had to find a way to downgrade my version. They removed SO many important functions. Using that crap for a day and then reverting back felt just amazing. Hoping they actually read all the complaints and fix it as soon as possible.
I generally ignore updates. If it ain't broke....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylstew View Post
How the hell do people stream spotify so much on the go? Do they really have that much mobile internet? Isn't that expensive as ****?
I don't think streaming costs money, unless as you say you're on mobile internet, but I do all my Spotifying from home and I have unlimited download with my ISP so no problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by innerspaceboy View Post
Spotify has an incredibly limited music library. Licensing rights and hosting expenses make commercial streaming services a failure from the start if you're looking for anything outside of the general sphere of popular song.

Every year or so I connect to Spotify and feed it a number of the artists from my personal music library - artists with 50-300 albums to their name. Each time Spotify has returned only a handful of results.

And given the widely-reported user discontent with the service's crippling of their interface, it is unlikely that they will ever win me as a customer.
My taste isn't exactly what you'd call eclectic, but I have seldom come across an album I couldn't get there. The odd one, yes, but very seldom. And then of course there's Grooveshark and if you're really stuck YouTube. It's great for those of us who just want to listen to an album to review it, without having to buy the thing, even if it can be got for less than a dollar...