Music Banter - View Single Post - The Batlord Listens to Random **** and Talks About It
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2015, 12:50 PM   #202 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

The Batlord Reviews Ten Grindcore Albums In Less than a Minute Each

Leng Tch'e - Man Made Predator (2003)

Low class deathgrind for those looking for grind but don't REALLY like grindcore. Heavy death metal influence with some catchy as ****, groovey riffs that just destroy.

Elapsed time: 51 seconds

Phobia - Cruel (2006)

More trashy deathgrind, but these dudes are punk as ****. They don't give a **** about making grind accessible to the idiot masses. These dudes ****ing slay. "Death to False Punks" like a mother****er.

Elapsed time: 50 seconds

Nails - Abandon All Life (2013)

Badass as ****ing grindcore/powerviolence. Raw as a mother****er, but they drop down and play some heavy, sludgy hardcore that just beats you into the ****ing ground. 17 minute album, dudes. **** yeah.

Elapsed time: 53 seconds

Gorerotted - Only Tools and Corpses (2003)

Catchiest deathgrind ever. Awesome tongue-in-cheek gore lyrics, hilarious rhyming/alliterative song names, badass everything, ****, I think I only had two things to say. Gorerotted rule!

Elapsed time: 57 seconds

Repulsion - Horrified (1989)

Dude, do these guys even write songs? Or do they just start punching their instruments and hit "record"? So much energy and badassery. Repulsion are the ****ing **** even if/because they sound like ****.

Elapsed time: 42 seconds

Gridlink - Longhena (2014)

Dude, this **** is beautiful. It's intense and ****ed up as any grindcore out there, but those guitar lines are ****ing soundscapes. How is it possible to make grindcore sound pretty? Gridlink, that's how. Gods.

Elapsed time: 43 seconds

Napalm Death - Scum (1987)

First half kind of awesome. Second half less so. Overrated.

Elapsed time: 15 seconds

Terrorizer - World Downfall (1989)

All deathgrind is just playing catchup to this brilliance. Fun, catchy, and brutal as ****. Love these dudes. Easily the best old school grind band. Bar ****ing none.

Elapsed time: 38 seconds

Carcass - Symphonies of Sickness (1989)

Also kind of overrated, but still badass. Possibly too complex for their own good considering they're playing ugly ass deathgrind, and it kind of gets in the way of the brutality, but they would clearly turn that into something more in a few years. Heartwork was the best though.

Elapsed time: 59 seconds

Swarrrm - Black Bong (2007)

WTF Japan? Why can't you ever be normal? Music is insanity. Not even sure it's grind sometimes. Sometimes it's definitely not. Vocalist sounds like a ranting crazy person. I'm not sure if I love these dudes or I'm just constipated.

Elapsed time: 50 seconds

Total elapsed time: 7 minutes, 38 seconds (Grind as ****, dudes!)
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.

Last edited by The Batlord; 03-16-2015 at 01:31 PM.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote