Music Banter - View Single Post - mental health thread
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2015, 04:07 PM   #401 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
Does anyone have advice on talking to employers about mental illness?

I'm ****ing up again. I've been trying to self help and have a pretty good idea of what I'm dealing with it's just difficult to figure out how to communicate to your employers what's going on without seeming like I'm trying to use it as an excuse... I mean "Sorry if I'm inconsistent at the workplace but I think I have paranoid personality disorder" doesn't seem like a valid reason for showing up drunk and being afraid to take a ****ing **** without thinking people are suspecting I'm getting drunk.
Unless you're really close with your employer then I'd keep that **** to myself. Tell your employer you have a mental illness and they'll probably be counting the days till they can replace you. Incompetence is one thing, but crazy is a wild card that they probably have no desire to deal with.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.

Last edited by The Batlord; 03-16-2015 at 04:42 PM.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote