Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal Album Survivor [1st Wave Black Metal Division]
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2015, 05:40 PM   #551 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
No. Tried them. Boring. Parkway Drive is alright, but they just get so repetitive. Same thing I have against August Burns Red.

And how can you call my choices not prominent? By the time those three bands came on the scene, the genre was already established. Poison the Well and Killswitch are far more relevant than those bands as far as that kind of metalcore goes

Also, I would shoot myself in the head before allowing Bullet for My ****ing Valentine anywhere near my list. I have no problem with generic melodic metalcore in theory, but that band is a crime against music.
I never said your list wasn't prominent, I simply said you are leaving out some prominent releases.

As for Snapcase, I would consider them to be more of a post hardcore band, Integrity & Ringworm sure...proto metalcore, but if your going to go this route, Earth Crisis was probably the biggest band in this genre. I'm not really bothered though, as I think they all suck lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Again, I already threw out Napalm Death. If nobody has any objections to me throwing out Carcass, then I'd be perfectly happy to give the spot to something like Extreme Noise Terror, or maybe Magrudergrind or Nails. Or Fuck the Facts.

Its not for me to tell you how to run your survivor thread, but if you start cherry picking bands on the basis of whether you like them or not, you run the risk of alienating people who would otherwise play.

I had just assumed that Napalm Death was on the list, they are after all the most famous and successful band to grace the stage of grindcore, but your thread your choice.
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote