Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm Here Today, Expect It To Stay On - Ki's Journal of Music
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2015, 09:36 PM   #330 (permalink)
Key

I've got a couple more bands to talk about that really know how to perform better than expected on stage:

Spoiler for videos:

God Is An Astronaut have been mentioned before, but I can't not post about their live performances that they seem to be very good at. Not only can their music strike some powerful emotion, they're live performances of those same songs tend to have the same effect if not better. Judging by the performance that I found on Youtube, they seem to put on a fantastic show and I hope to see them one day.

Not so much a live performance, but here's a video of A Swarm of The Sun during the writing process of The Rifts. Sorry, I know I wouldn't mention them again. But I had to. Moving on...

Do Agalloch count? To me they do, because back when I was getting into post-rock / post-metal, this band was brought up. I don't think it was intended to be seen as a post-esque band, but this song is fantastic, and sounds great live. And to be fair, Wikipedia shows them as post-metal, so yes, by Wikipedia standards, it counts.

Part III coming soon.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote