Music Banter - View Single Post - Musicians: Who Are Your Influences?
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 07:40 AM   #23 (permalink)
Bishie
Groupie

Guitar wise, I have never been drawn to lead work. I love rhythm guitar so a lot of my influences played (IMO) that important role.

James Hetfield, Scott Ian, Kurt Goedhart, Malcolm Young, Johnny Ramone and Nancy Wilson all have some influence in my playing. Out of them all you can hear more of Hetfield and Ian's influence in my style.

Drumming, going to be a couple of what people would call cliche drummers.

Pete Sandoval, Jimmy Kyle, Charlie Benante, Ben Hall and John Bonham definitely influenced me to hop behind a kit. Though I haven't been playing long and have had massive breaks between. Drumming is one of my favourite things to do.

Bass was the very first instrument I ever picked up and I must say if it was not for the likes of Roger Waters, Cliff Burton and John Paul Jones I probably never would.

Last of all is my vocals. I'm not entirely a "clean" vocalist. I draw a lot of influence from Chuck Schuldiner, whenever that man screamed or growled he sounded absolutely tortured and it sucked me in instantly. On the other end of the spectrum it would be Clint Boge from The Butterfly Effect and Dax Riggs ex-Acid Bath. Both vocalist possess amazing range and captivating voices. I practice my vocals probably more than anything else at this point in time.
Bishie is offline   Reply With Quote