Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal Album Survivor [1st Wave Black Metal Division]
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 06:58 PM   #617 (permalink)
EPOCH6
V8s & 12 Bars

I'm not really complaining that Death Is This Communion doesn't belong on the list, there are definitely stonery / sludgy elements throughout the album, it's just got a lot of other **** going for it too, a lot of styles in there. And a lot of those other styles don't really click with me. It's a fantastic album, great songwriting, great production, and great musicianship, I'm just having a hard time settling on a suitable way to judge these lists. We're voting for best Sludge / Stoner album, so I'm trying to base my votes on which albums make the best use of Sludgy / Stonery styles, how the album performs within its genre. I don't think I'd have any problem placing High On Fire above several of these bands if it were simply a "Best Overall Musicianship" poll.

**** man I don't know, maybe it'll grow on me by the end of the division.
There's 3 reason why the Rolling Stones are better. I'm going to list them here. 1. Jimi Hendrix from Rolling Stones was a better guitarist then Jimmy Page 2. The bassist from Rolling Stones isn't dead 3. Rolling Stobes wrote Stairway to Heaven and The Ocean so we all know they are superior here.
EPOCH6 is offline   Reply With Quote