Music Banter - View Single Post - Eurovision 2015 Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 04:10 PM   #26 (permalink)
misspoptart
gimme gimme

Default Dark Horse Entries

There are some kind of interesting and weird dark horse entries this year too, that I'd like to highlight here.

What qualifies as a "dark horse," you ask? Well, anything from a country that usually doesn't have a chance with any kind of offbeat song/singers that tends to grows on you and has the potential for a really unique live show. Leave it to Belarus, Montenegro, and San Marino!

Well, not the most popular song (or country!) in the list but I think Belarus will be a crowd pleaser, personally. Especially since the BPM of most songs this year is like -5342.

What's with the elf ears bro! Nice hourglass effect though. MissPoptart approves!

Honestly, bravo, hats off, Montenegro. You consistently send beautiful songs in your native language that are underrated and have a taste of local flavor more than most of the other entries. Is 2015 finally your year?

It's the kind of magical song that gives me chills a bit, even though it carries every Eurovision cliche in the book. It's just. So. Pretty. Oooo chills. I think this will be absolutely stunning live, and it may pick up more votes than expected!

Sooo...this is kind of a long shot but San Marino has something kind of addictive to it. I think the chorus is freaking annoying but I really like the meandering melody and the fairytale quality to it. I don't think we'll see this in the final, but, hey, it's weird and different. At least we can all breathe a sigh of relief that Valentina is not making her fourth appearance for San Marino this year!

The common perception of San Marino's entries is that their producers are super stuck in the 80s, and this is no exception. It's totally, totally cheestastic 80s. I'm not really sure why it's growing on me so bad. I bet the live will be interesting though.

So, do you think there's any chance for these potential dark horses?

Last edited by misspoptart; 03-21-2015 at 04:16 PM.
misspoptart is offline   Reply With Quote