Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal Month III is coming!
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 09:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Default Metal Month III is coming!

Yeah, it's six months away I know, but once I finish with Star Trek Month next week I'm beginning research for the third instalment of my annual focus on all things Metal. And as usual, I invite you to contribute.

As ever, anyone with ideas is welcome to talk to me, though over two years of this so far I've had I think two contributions.

Members' Top Tens: I already have some left over from last year, but am happy to take more so, if you want to submit a list, the short rules are: only one from each band or artiste, no discographies and nothing that says "Oh anything by X". Any such will be ignored. If you can, please check the ones I already featured in last year's Metal Month II, because if you're in the ones picked but have duplicated albums I may ditch your top ten to go with someone else who has new albums. The whole idea is not only to get a feel for your own top Metal albums, but also to listen to music I have not yet heard. Submit all top tens here. Also, make sure it IS a full top ten, as otherwise you won't be considered.

Recommended albums: Last year this was a great success, so again give me suggestions for albums you think I should listen to, and again, check the ones already submitted and listened to.

Also, I intend to tackle as much as I can of the "1001 Metal Albums You Must Hear Before You Die". Just so you know.

Finally, my focus last year was on Viking Metal; this year I intend to look into Funeral Doom, so anyone with suggestions along those lines let me know.

See you all in October!

In red: obviously not doing this, now that I have a journal dedicated to same...

Last edited by Trollheart; 08-31-2015 at 05:44 AM.
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote