Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 01:30 PM   #23105 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Latest downloads/streams:

Unwound - Unwound (1995)
The only Unwound album I'd yet to hear until this point. Turns out it was released third, but recorded first (in 92, prior to the recording and release of Fake Train). Makes sense why it sounds a bit more punk than the others. The vocals remind me of Guy Picciotto at times, and there's a tinge of grunge sound as well. Cool to hear a different sound from them, and some insight into how they started.

Maston - Shadows (2013)
First listen there, neo-psychedelic pop on Trouble in Mind Records, home to Morgan Delt, Dick Diver, Jacco Gardner, and others. A few moments did remind me of Jacco Gardner but on the whole it's quite different.

Alamo Race Track - Hawks (2015)
I was very much anticipating this new album by the Dutch indie rock band, and here it is! I likely won't be getting my hands on vinyl as there's no planned US release at the moment, and shipping from the label more than doubles the price. Anyway, this band is great and I'm liking what I hear so far.