Music Banter - View Single Post - Blood and Diamonds: A High Energy Story
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 09:23 AM   #15 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Sorry about the aliens, assassins and pizza. I wasn't kidding when I said that I was making this up as I go. Anyway, I think it's time to include one of my favorite bands that made waves in the late 1970's/early 1980's club scene: The B-52's! As i'm currently writing this entry, i'm listening to their debut album!

Chapter Ten

John sat alone at a dive club, the kind that seemed to stay open at all hours, occasionally taking a drink from a brown bottle of beer in his hand. Of course, John had gone home to get some rest early that morning, but he found himself unable to sleep as he simply stared at his ceiling in thought. And so he eventually found himself cooling his heels at the club, thinking about just what exactly it was that he had witnessed last night. Surprisingly enough, even at such an early hour, the dance floor was almost filled to capacity as the erratic music reverberated throughout the building. John focused intently on his thoughts as he stared straight ahead into the crowd, ignoring the occasional person that bumped into him, and as he finished off his beer he stood up and resolved to figure things out once and for all. He made his way out of the club and towards the metro station, putting on a denim jacket over his gang colors. As he got on the metro train, he noticed a few Blue Shirts scattered throughout the car, shouting and laughing as they harassed the other passengers. He thought about turning around, but wasn't keen on having to wait for the next metro train (which, at such an early hour, might not come for another half hour or more), and he quickly decided that he could avoid their attention if he simply stayed calm and kept a low profile.

Oddly enough, he recognized a familiar face as he took a seat; the girl that he had met earlier, Cleo, was picking rocks out of the soles of her tennis shoes a few seats down. After glancing at the Blue Shirts and determining that they were reasonably distracted by their revelry (most of them were gathered at the opposite end of the car, as they picked on a well dressed couple), John stood up and took the seat across from Cleo. "Hey," he said in a voice that had a tired roughness to it, and he cleared his throat to try to regain some clarity. Cleo looked up at him with a tired glance, and smiled as she recognized him, saying "Oh, hey! How's it going?" John shrugged, and replied "Good. So, what're you doing in the tube this early?" Cleo was occupied with picking out a particularly large piece of gravel out of her sole, and said "Couldn't sleep. Decided to, uh... you know, hang out somewhere and grab some terrible food. I know this tiny movie theater, early in the morning they play all of these really ****ty movies... So, how 'bout you?" John thought for a moment, before saying "Just taking care of some business." Cleo glanced up at him with a smile and a raised eyebrow, saying "Oh, business, huh? How very mysterious. Well, good luck with that. Anyway, my stop's coming up. Maybe I'll see you at that club sometime, if they ever get it fixed up again." John smiled, and said "They always do, somehow. Have fun at the movies." The metro train started to slow down, and Cleo stood up, saying "Thanks. And you have fun with your business."

Before she could exit the train car, one of the Blue Shirts stood between her and the door. He smiled as he leaned against the doorway, saying "Hey, hold on a second. You know, ever since you got on the train car, I kept thinkin' to myself that I'd seen you somewhere before. Anyway, just now, it finally came to me!" The fuzzy voice of the metro conductor advised everyone to stand clear of the doors, and they closed as the Blue Shirt pushed Cleo back into a chair and walked towards her. "Remember, at that crazy fight at the Red Sleeve's club a few hours ago? You're the girl who gave me this," he said as he pointed to a wound that had only just begun to heal. The other Blue Shirts began to take notice of the situation, and started walking towards Cleo. She took a deep breath, looked up at the Blue Shirt, and said "Yeah? I'm also the girl that gave you this," as he kicked one of his knees. He shouted in pain and surprise, and hit his head on one of the metro car's chairs as he fell to the ground. The rest of the Blue Shirts quickly made their way towards Cleo, some angry and looking for vengeance, and others laughing in surprise. Cleo stood out of the chair and prepared for the inevitable fight, and John was standing up to help her when he noticed that one was approaching from the side of the car that was behind them both. John grabbed him as he tried to push his way past, and knocked him out by slamming his head against a window (which, in a somewhat anti-climactic fashion, didn't break). The Blue Shirt closest to Cleo pulled out a knife and lashed out at her with a quick and precise slash towards her neck, and she backed away in time to avoid his attack. John jogged forward and stood beside Cleo, but neither of them quite knew how to combat the man with the knife; if either of them made a single false move, they were both likely to die then and there.

Immediately after the Blue Shirt took another controlled slash at the two of them, John sensed an opening and attempted to quickly duck beneath his arm and tackle him. The Blue Shirt stepped back and managed to push John to the side, cutting a nasty gash into his arm as he collided with the chairs at the side of the car. Cleo took advantage of the chaos of the moment and kicked the Blue Shirt between his legs, following up by punching his nose. He fell in a heap towards John, who grabbed for the knife in his hand, and the rest of the Blue Shirts leapt forward into the fight. Cleo grappled with them, managing to elbow one in the jaw, but she was clearly outnumbered. After taking a few heavy punches to the stomach and face, she fell backwards. John got to his feet, gripping the Blue Shirt's knife, and he slashed angrily into the back of one of the men attacking Cleo. The wounded Blue Shirt screamed as he fell forward, and the rest of them backed away as John lifted his knife towards them. "You alright?" asked John as he glanced down at Cleo. She wiped away the blood escaping from her nose with one hand, holding her bruised stomach with the other, and said "Yeah, i'm fine," as she stood up. The metro train began to slow down as it reached another stop, and John and Cleo kept their eyes on the Blue Shirts as they made their way towards the door. They stepped onto the platform, and finally began to relax once the train's doors had closed. At first, both of them weren't quite sure what to say to each other, but eventually they both simply started to laugh. "Jesus," said John as he grabbed the cut across his arm, "I thought I was ****ed for sure that time."

Cleo gave him an incredulous look, still laughing as she said "Oh, come on! Didn't you just take on, like, fifty guys not more than a few hours ago? These guys should've been a cakewalk for you!" "Yeah, I know, it's just... I don't know, when he pulled out that knife I just choked. Usually weapons don't bother me at all, I try to keep calm, but when I ****ed up trying to tackle him I seriously thought that was it. If you hadn't kicked his sack..." Cleo began to laugh even harder. John looked at the large fixed-blade knife in his hand, and began to look at himself for an inconspicuous place to put it. He thought about hiding it in his waistband, but didn't want the bare blade slicing into his thigh. As the two of them walked down the platform, he settled for sticking it into one of his boots. "Well," said Cleo, gripping her stomach as if her laughter was causing her pain, "where exactly are we headed? A clinic?" John smiled and replied "Well, i'm heading for the Blue Shirts' main HQ, doing some recon. You can join me if you want, but it might get nasty..." Cleo stopped and said "Are you serious? You barely managed to take on, like, five or six of them just now, and we're both all kicked to **** with cuts and bruises. What're you going to do if you, I don't know, get caught?" John thought for a moment, before replying "Die horribly?" Cleo smiled and rolled her eyes. "Alright," she said, "I'll tag along. And since you're such a gentleman, I'll let you pay my medical bills afterwards." "Done," replied John through a smile, and the first few rays of the morning sun made their way towards the city as the two of them stepped down the stairs and off of the platform.
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------

Last edited by Oriphiel; 11-25-2015 at 08:34 PM.
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote