Music Banter - View Single Post - Bob Dylan
Thread: Bob Dylan
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 11:44 AM   #59 (permalink)
Kashmir86
Traveler Of Time & Space

Quote:
Originally Posted by antman188
bob Dylan is hands down one of the greatest lyricists ever, and IMO [I]the[I] greatest. he just beats out john lennon. i can listen to a dylan album all day and it'll never get old for me. you can call me weird for that, but that's just me. i think he's awesome, one of my all time favorites.
I agree 100% with you. He has released in excess of 50 albums, and has had the most songs of his covered than any other artist. His like a rolling stone is #1 on Rolling Stone Magazines top 500, and IMO he is the greates songwriter/lyricist of all time. I can listen to him so long and never get tired of it. I have a deep appreciation for him, No one else in the history of music has every written songs like he has. Subterranean Homesick blues still blows me away, after I have heard it 500 times. He can rhyme like none other, and he doesnt have to come up with useless lines that make no sense just for the sake of rhyming like most rappers do. His songs have a real life meaning, and many times tell a story. Visions of Johanna is an example, as is the hurricane. Highway 31 revisited happens to be one of my favorites, the times they are a changin is remarkable. Buckets of rain is freakin chill, Maggie's farm, knockin on heaven's door, All along the watchtower, Blowin in the wind, Mr. Tambourine man, god the list goes on and on for miles of great songs by dylan. I watched no direction home and gained even more respect for the man. Its funny how when he began to go electric the crowd frowned so hard at it, they would boo and throw **** at em on stage, I guess they never understood the times they are a changin... If you listened to the words and could get past the sound of his voice, I guarentee you would like him misfits. Try and pull that ****in log out of your ass and listen to music with an open mind, not concluding that it sucks before you even listen to it.
An actor out on loan
Riders on the storm"

"How many ears must one man have
Before he can hear people cry?
How many deaths will it take till he knows
That too many people have died?"

"Diamond rope silver chain
Pretty noose is pretty pain
And I don’t like what you got me hanging from"
Kashmir86 is offline   Reply With Quote