Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2015, 01:13 PM   #31179 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbons View Post
Consider me a member of the Aaron Feuerstein fan club!
The sitting president invited him to the White House for the State of the Union address because of what he did.

Quote:
When the Malden Mills factory burnt down on December 11, 1995, Feuerstein decided not only to use his insurance money to rebuild it, but to also pay the salaries of all the now-unemployed workers while it was being rebuilt. Feuerstein spent millions keeping all 3,000 employees on the payroll with full benefits for 6 months. By going against common CEO business practices, especially at a time when most companies were downsizing and moving overseas, he achieved global fame.

Feuerstein claimed that he couldn't have taken another course of action due to his study of the Talmud and the lessons he learnt there:

"I have a responsibility to the worker, both blue-collar and white-collar. I have an equal responsibility to the community. It would have been unconscionable to put 3,000 people on the streets and deliver a deathblow to the cities of Lawrence and Methuen. Maybe on paper our company is worthless to Wall Street, but I can tell you it's worth more."
A total FU to capitalism.

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote