Music Banter - View Single Post - Classic Albums I have never heard
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2015, 03:35 AM   #434 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Well even though Unknown Soldier wants to disown me and tar and feather me for not having heard this album.
As you quite like it I won't now.

Quote:
I have heard most of it through the compilations and singles, so tracks like “My best friend's girlfriend”
Obviously not enough as it was 'girl' and not 'girlfriend'.

Quote:
Funnily enough, they're described as a new-wave band; I would never have thought that. To me they were just an AOR or rock act. I guess the amount of synthesisers and effects contributed to that tag. Still, I wouldn't have put them in the same arena as Cabaret Voltaire, Flock of Seagulls or any of that lot.
Well its the perfect example of an American new wave record at that time along with the likes of Blondie, the Knack, Television and Devo. Some of those bands leaned more towards punk and other more to electronic music and the Cars I'd say were smack bang in the middle of those two styles. Now a Flock of Seagulls I'd put as a 'second wave new-wave' band as they came along later. But I can see the AOR appeal as it fits into with what an AOR fan would like to hear on an album.

Quote:
I do however agree with the sleeve being very annoying; that woman couldn't close her stupid mouth? She looks like a cartoon, or as if she's totally high. Meh.
The album cover is iconic Cars and the type of album cover that they wanted, it displays the playful fun of the band for this album, even though they were always a band of darker undertones.

Quote:
I find the quality suddenly dipping though when “I'm in touch with your world” hits; it's just such a comedown after three powerful tracks.
That's the weakest track on the album.

Btw I think the b-side of that album is stronger than the a-side.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote