Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2015, 08:40 AM   #31188 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbons View Post
Your work ultimately saves lives - the best and most important work one can do. Kudos, Plankton.
Thanks Ribbons. I'm one of the few people in the world that actually enjoys going to work everyday.

Spoiler for Blah blah blah:
Chances are pretty high that when a building is on fire, the firemen putting it out have trained in one of my facilities. I've created hundreds all over the U.S., and overseas too in places like Puerto Rico, Africa, Greece, Korea, and a few others that escape me right now. One doesn't just automatically become a fireman, it takes hundreds of hours of evolution training, and that's where I come into play. I design the facilities that get utilized for certification. My latest creation (along with a handful of smaller units) is a mock Submarine for the U.S. Navy with Class A and B full burn capabilities throughout that will be used by Military personnel for on-shore training evolutions. Right now I'm working on a mock-up of the USS Freedom (Google image that for an idea of what I'm talking about) which will be huge. Along with the structures I design that can be used multiple times for live fire training exercises, I also design all the props that go into them too. Roof pitch simulators, flash-overs, vehicle extrication, rappel towers, breach walls, SCBA Mazes, and a lot more. I draw them, and our team of fabricators build em. It's always a great feeling to see these things take shape and come to life. My work is tightly kept under wraps, but once in a while I can show a sneak peak, so here's a small rendering of the mock-up USS Freedom: