Music Banter - View Single Post - The Couch Potato: Trollheart's Televisual and Cinematic Emporium
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2015, 12:57 PM   #504 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

And so we're down finally to the top three of

And coming in at number

it's one of the most popular and well-known and recognised of the themes, with a big, bouncy, exciting orchestral melody and thumping percussion in a militaristic beat that just tells you “adventure is on the way!” Yeah, it could only be, couldn't it?

Although to be fair, I reallly have to share this with

as much as I would like not to. I didn't like the movie (in case you didn't read my review of it) and if there was anything good about it I guess it was the theme, which later went on to be selected, almost note for note, as the theme for the new series. But I will always think of TNG when I hear this music, and for those who care, I prefer the slightly longer version, where they hold the note on the next-to-last bar, you know the one. But if nothing else, film aside, this was after all the music that heralded the return to the small screen of my childhood favourite TV show, and so it was a big thing and will always remain one of my favourites. One of the best things Jerry Goldsmith ever did.