Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2015, 08:41 PM   #7297 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post

Bioshock Infinite

I am super late to the Bioshock party. A while back, I got a bundle deal with Bioshock, Bioshock 2, and Bioshock Infinite. I played Bioshock for a little bit and wasn't overly impressed. It's a good game, but it didn't necessarily live up to it's hype. I tried Bioshock Infinite that same day and before I got the graphics card I have now, the game was literally unplayable. I mean, I could have it on it's lowest settings, but having it on it's highest graphics settings now, I can see why people love this game so much. I'm getting a lot of enjoyment out of the overall gameplay and the cool theme it has going for it. The controls feel super smooth and the weapons / powerups you can get make it a really fun experience.
I absolutely hated Bioshock Infinite, seeing it as pretty much every possible video game cliche mashed into a game with lackluster shooting mechanics and painfully pretentious dialogue. Seriously, if I have to play one more game (or watch one more movie), where there's a girl with super powers that the government wants to control who needs a generic stubble chin to protect her... And there's literally no character development (although they occasionally try to tease the player with half-assed "flashback" style dreams), until the very end, when they opt for the Shyamalon route of thinking that goofy twists excuse an earlier lack of substance. If you ever want to have a point/counterpoint about it, 2001 Space Odyssey style (), you know who to call!
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote