Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 12:34 PM   #63 (permalink)
Key

Now to conclude this entire thing with Fable III. Now, I know there were a lot of people that just absolutely despised Fable III when it was released. I simply ask...why? What was so bad about this game that made it so...well...bad? My first experience with the game was nothing but fantastic, and that held true every time I decided to play through it again.

The story of Fable III was certainly much different than what we were used to with the previous two, to me...Fable III felt a lot more linear than the previous two. What I mean by that, is that it seemed to have more of a straight forward story where you went from one place to the next to continue on with the story, and that sort of held true throughout the entire game. I don't really think that's necessarily a bad thing, I feel like it added more depth to the story as opposed to trying to make the world much bigger than it already was, while lacking in story telling. I think the concept of starting a revolution against your own brother is really cool, and I think they did a great job in portraying that sort of urgency to take down the bad guy in the way that they did. The combat was also more fluid than any of the other two games, I felt like the ability to get into a sword fight while at the same time being able to turn around and shoot a hobbe behind you with your revolver just felt so...nice.

Graphically the game was really good, I feel like if they wanted to, they could have gotten away with doing a sort of Diablo III / Torchlight II style gameplay mechanic and it still would have worked in it's favor, but even though they didn't do that, it still felt crisp and polished, even with a few glitches here and there. Hey, Lionhead have never said they were perfect when they make games, but hell they try to be.

I won't make a longwinded post about this game because the simple fact is, Fable III is a great game, and one, along with the other two, will always hold a special place in my heart. I think Lionhead did everything right when it came to these games, and maybe there are a few things I would have changed, but as a fan from the original original Fable, the series turned out being really well done.

Also, as a bonus, I want to put this here: