Music Banter - View Single Post - List the things you like/dislike about your country/state/city
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 01:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Default List the things you like/dislike about your country/state/city

For me it's a country obviously, but if you 'Muricans prefer to talk about your state or city, go for it.

Ireland:
I like that we have a rich musical heritage, that we have beautiful natural scenery that is the envy of the world, and that we have a history of struggling against an implacable oppressor for over 200 years before we finally won our freedom. I like that we're seen as friendly and easygoing, that we can go anywhere in the world and be welcomed, and that we're a small enough country not to be seen as a major threat to anyone.

I dislike the fact that, having fought for our independence we are now basically controlled from Germany, and can't even set our own budgets without asking "Is that all right, Angela?" I dislike that our cost of living is too high, and as I've said on numerous occasions we seem to have one of the worst health systems in the developed world. I dislike the undercurrent of gangland violence that has slowly spread through my country over the last ten or so years, and I dislike all the corruption that goes on everywhere, though of course that's hardly restricted to Ireland.