Music Banter - View Single Post - aux-in's Collection: [The Electronic Continuum]
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 03:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
Aux-In
Wrinkled Magazine

THE BANGERS-ONLY CLUB: Part 1

Tracklist

Dirty Shade (ft. Martisha) - "Pleasure" [Original Mix]
Reepublic (ft. T-Elle) - "Turn Off The Light" [Radio Edit]
Henrix, Darmon & Eran Hersh Vs. Delerium (ft. Jael) - "After All" [Original Mix]
NERVO - "You're Gonna Love Again" [Pixel Cheese Remix]
Andrew Rayel (ft. Cindy Alma) - "Hold On To Your Love" [Original Mix]
Cicada & Third Party - "Feel" [Original Mix]
Meg & Dia - "Monster" [DotEXE Remix]
Omnia & Ira - "The Fusion" [Original Mix]
X-Vertigo (ft. Gia) - "Bombs" [Sandro Silva Remix]

Here is a specific playlist designed for high-energy bangers only. No downtempo, no ambient, and no let-up--nothing but non-stop, pure electricity running through your veins. I can write all the b.s. in the world, but it's about how the songs feel. This is the kind of stuff that makes you want to get the hell up, get inspired and live life.

1) Dirty Shade (ft. Martisha) - "Pleasure" [Original Mix]

A piercing vocal track. The intro makes me laugh: "Bring the action; joy, sin, power, hate, touch, scream, sex..." and then "...loud explosions too." These guys are from Russia, which is understandable given the Russian vibe of the instrumental. Where else are you going to hear something like this?

2) Reepublic (ft. T-Elle) - "Turn Off The Light" [Radio Edit]

Pure & powerful progressive house. So much energy, and great vocals from T-Elle.

3) Henrix, Darmon & Eran Hersh Vs. Delerium (ft. Jael) - "After All" [Original Mix]

I tried playing this for someone I know (sent them the video link), and they said, "It didn't really sound like anything and I turned it off after about a minute." That's a shame, because the song is all about 1:58. This is definitely a pool-party banger if I've ever heard one.

4) NERVO - "You're Gonna Love Again" [Pixel Cheese Remix]

A hardcore, fast-paced and rather straight-line tune with a unique twist on vocal editing. Pixel Cheese was the earlier alias of Tom Swoon, a Polish bloke.

5) Andrew Rayel (ft. Cindy Alma) - "Hold On To Your Love" [Original Mix]

Andrew Rayel's songs have a tendency to sound the same, but this is one of the faster-paced vocal tracks that was on his Find Your Harmony album.

6) Cicada & Third Party - "Feel" [Original Mix]

Good vibes.

7) Meg & Dia - "Monster" [DotEXE Remix]

This is a dubstep remix by DotEXE. The original was an alternative-rock song by the female-fronted rock group Meg & Dia. Here's a link to the original song: "Monster"

8) Omnia & Ira - "The Fusion" [Original Mix]

One of Omnia's best tracks. It's one of those songs that has a lot of vocal splicing while keeping to a more instrumental structure. Love the variation in this track. Not sure why, but when listening to this with my headphones, it switches between the left and right channels. It's the only song so far that I've come across that does this.

9) X-Vertigo (ft. Gia) - "Bombs" [Sandro Silva Remix]

Good electro house tune. What I don't like is that the vocals aren't as audible as they should be. A little more time spent on editing would probably have corrected that.

"All over a bowl of bitter beans."
Aux-In is offline   Reply With Quote