Music Banter - View Single Post - The Confessional Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 08:34 PM   #2870 (permalink)
Sequoioideae
An Butthole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
I make self-deprecating jokes because I need people to know that I know my place in society. Because I believe I am a lesser person, and I don't want anyone to think that I think I am their equal.

I have no ability to view myself from the perspective of others, and so I project my perspective on them. When I connect with another person, I become neurotic about the idea that I am burdening them with my presence, and they are only tolerating me (in spite of this being illogical; who chooses to spend time or laugh with someone they're irritated by?).

I am ashamed of the feelings I have for others, because I feel as though I am not permitted by society to have them. I feel immense pressure to behave as a single, solitary unit, in spite of the fact that there's nothing I want more from my life than to bond to other people.

I feel a tremendous dissociation between my physical and cognitive selves, and when I am alone I am happy, because there's no need to bridge the chasm between the two. Amongst others, I am constantly self-aware, and I feel that these two selves are visible and disapproved of, because others interpret me as attempting to be someone I am not nor am free to be. My physical self is an anchor that prevents my emotional, intellectual, and cognitive self from maximizing my potential as a human being. I have become so entrenched, so obsessed with my work because it is the only outlet my real, intellectual self has. It is the only place where I feel like my contributions to the world are legitimate and valued by others.

There, that should hold me over for a while.
Marry me and we'll move out into the country and forget the world exists.

God Is My Solar System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansa Stark View Post
"check yr fucking posable limbs privilege you ****s"
Sequoioideae is offline   Reply With Quote