Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 11:44 AM   #72 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
^I got to the first reason he wants to point out, and he talks about The Sanctuary. I stopped the video because I realized that he has no idea what he's talking about. I found The Sanctuary to be one of the coolest parts of the game. Lionhead didn't just make a simple start menu this time, they went all out and made a HUB for you to put your outfits, weapons, money, etc etc. It was very well done.
You shouldn't let one disagreement prevent you hearing the rest of his arguments. He actually brings up some valid points; the combat is far too easy, magic and ranged weapons are insanely powerful compared to melee weapons, interaction with NPCs is hilariously bad, co-op and gift giving is very flawed, too many loading screens, the devs were too lazy to make a compatibility patch so that people with different DLC could co-op, and they force you to buy small things that they purposefully removed from the vanilla game so that they could re-sell it, like black ink (which, you have to admit, is hilariously greedy), and more. Of course, you can't forget that Molyneux once again promised a variety of features that never appeared in the game. Also, the reviewer (and many others) hated The Sanctuary because it forces you to stop everything and sort through multiple rooms every time you wanted to do anything, constantly having to run around and scroll through twitchy menus to look at your clothing and weapons, when a simple inventory system would have sufficed, and the map it provides is inaccurate when compared to the game world.

Like I said, I didn't think the game was terrible, but you seemed legitimately curious about why so many people took issue with it, and I think the video offers a good look at the conflicting point of view.
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------