Music Banter - View Single Post - List the things you like/dislike about your country/state/city
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 12:57 PM   #20 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhar View Post
I'm not sure if I should speak about Syria or Lebanon since I feel like both countries are home to me so I guess I'll just talk about both.
I love the culture and history of both countries and I love the people. I also really love Lebanese food and Arabic music in general. The underground music scene in Lebanon is great and I'm grateful to have had the chance to see so many great musicians in concert over the past few years.

Now on to what I dislike. First and foremost, I hate all the conflict and the wars. I hate how people have to lose their lives over politics. I hate the dictators and the people who are so greedy and hungry for power that they are willing to let their people starve and die. I also really hate how people see this **** on the news and assume all Arabs are barbaric and bloodthirsty savages. Basically, I just want all the fighting to stop and I want to be able to make it out of university alive and get a job and a house and live in peace and then die of old age or a stroke or whatever and I wish to be buried in Aleppo, my hometown but it's under ISIS control right now so who knows. Hopefully they'll get the **** out soon.
If you have time, I'd love to get your insights on the Metal scene in Syria, as it's one of the four countries I'm looking at for "The International Language of Metal" in Metal Month III in October...