Music Banter - View Single Post - props
Thread: props
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 09:52 PM   #21 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

i'm still stuck on chief keef. i haven't really been paying attention to rap music in the last few years so i have bit of self-educating to do

this is real street rap. and it's damn well made at that. it sounds like a cliche but what the **** do you expect someone from the slums of chicago to produce? humans are animals at the end of the day. so take someone and put them in an environment where this kind of behavior is the way to get paid, and that competitive instinct kicks in. on top of that the music is really brilliantly dark and catchy, very well produced, and perfectly portrays the lifestyle and mentality of a lot of kids coming up in that city

does it glorify it? yep. guess what? that mentality will always have that boastful quality to it. that's just the way it works. but its not the music driving up the murder rates. the music is just a product of it. and it should draw peoples attention, and in a way it does, but too many people attack the symptom out of instinct, when the only way to cure the disease is to uproot the point of infection.

i really don't understand people hating on rappers like chief keef
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote