Music Banter - View Single Post - props
Thread: props
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 12:36 PM   #23 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

i was a little surprised to see pharaoh monche's name from ninetales, cause i got the idea you were a younger guy into more modern rap music. so i googled monche to see what he's been up to lately, cause i haven't honestly heard anything from him in quite a while. but he was one of my favorites to do it from the 90's and early 2000's. i see he has a new album so i youtubed it and it's pretty good. glad to see he still has it.

monche's talent really shines through in his delivery more than anything else. he's one of those rappers that can be lyrical in that technical kind of way but doesn't dwell on that to the point of sounding like just another typical "look at my multi's" type mediocre mixtape rapper. instead the focus is on his energetic delivery. he maintains a sort of tension in his flow where he gives you quick bursts of energetic dope rhymes at varying intervals. so it's not predictable or fast for the sake of fast like say tech n9ne or twista or even some busta rhymes flows. it's more like jazz music... always keeping you on your toes. and sometimes his vocals will stray into the realm of borderline singing, but still toned down and rhythmic enough to sound more like really versatile rapping. and all the while when you listen to the actual words he's spitting there's usually a lot of depth and emotion to his lyrical content. so he's one of those rappers that is highly engaging in multiple ways at once, which is why i always liked him so much.

i am curious are you familiar more with his new stuff, his older solo stuff, his even older organized konfusion material, or some combination of the above/all of the above? cause there's a decent amount of quality material from him to explore over the past 2 decades. some examples of my favorites below

John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote