Music Banter - View Single Post - Oriphiel, let's discuss 2001: A Space Odyssey
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 08:39 AM   #103 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

i saw this movie when i was like 5 or 6 and i thought it was pretty great. i didn't have any deep interpretations of it or anything i just took the story at face value cause i was a kid. then years later i heard that the overlook hotel was symbolism for hell. i guess that is made more clear in the book or something cause i didn't really get that from the movie. or maybe i just don't interpret movies that well. i watched it again when you started talking about it out of curiosity and i can sort of see that idea in retrospect but i still wouldn't pick up on it without someone telling me before hand. but either way i thought the movie was really good just because of how suspenseful and creepy it was at all times. i dunno wtf was wrong with chula and his date in the 80's they were prolly low on coke or some****. i do remember stephen king said he hated the movie cause they ruined his strong female protagonist and turned her into a weak perpetually screaming bitch. and before you get mad at me direct your anger to stephen king instead cause that's what he said in so many words in a an interview i heard on the radio.
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote