Music Banter - View Single Post - Indiana and Arkansas Religious Freedom Law
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 03:27 PM   #34 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpnfire View Post
Do you think I'm a religious wacko trying to keep the gays out of the church or something? I'm being serious. The moment we got your credit rating and health insurance to be a factor in marriages is the moment we doomed us all to having this discussion till we all go insane.
no, why do you keep responding in such random ways? i didn't say anything about you keeping gays out of church, stop bringing up random ****.

i said marriage pre-dates chrsitianity, then you brought up neanderthals which are a different species from us. so you seem a bit confused to me. i was saying the oldest recorded civilizations weren't christian and they had marriage in these civilizations. they also had marriage in all the eastern non-christian civilizations throughout the ages.

it's a social institution, not a 'christian service.' if you're christian then you can put some sort of christian significance in it, but that's not the only kind of marriage that has traditionally existed and it wasn't even the oldest recorded version of this type of institution. the institution is honestly a result of our biology and the fact that we're a pair-bonding species. so it goes way back
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote