Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2015, 12:00 AM   #7360 (permalink)
Yac
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
I don't mind paying that much. I'm just BROKE, haha. You have good taste in games

A couple people in streams were saying it wasn't challenging unless you played on Path of the Damned. Thoughts?
That seems true, but then again I am an infinity engine veteran, completed all the baldurs gates, icewind dales etc several times .. so I might not be the best source of info here. Some fights are challenging, but so far only a few - and these were bounty hunter quests that can be approached at a later time. I think that for people completely new to this type of games, it could be frustratingly difficult - but only if you don't learn how to play the game.
Still, the story is interesting, plot has some twists, characters are well written. The only thing that really bugs me is that apparently there is no npc thief to recruit. Sure, you can create your own by "hiring an adventurer" in a tavern and that's exactly what I did, but these adventurers don't speak, don't have quests, don't really interact with anything outside of combat and/or disarming traps (which is a great source of xp and $ as you get to keep the disarmed traps and sell them later) which is a bummer. Generally though, I've been playing it daily from the day of the relase and so far I'm not a bit bored with it.
Yac.
Yac is offline   Reply With Quote