Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 10:14 AM   #79 (permalink)
Key

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

So, like I mentioned in my previous post, I won't be focusing on strictly PC games. When I played The Force Unleashed for the first time, it was on my Xbox I had a few years ago. This game was amazing for two reasons, it is a hack and slash, and a Star Wars game. It being a Star Wars game had me hooked instantly due to the fact that i've always been a pretty big fan of Star Wars games. The hack and slash aspect just added to the fun, and somewhat simplicity. When I first heard about this game being released, I remember how often I would look at trailers and videos to get a taste of what the mechanics were like, and to finally play it really made it a memorable experience. I loved the fact that you could have the power of the Force and use your lightsabers with a simple button push, didn't take a brain surgeon to figure it out, that's sort of where the simplicity comes in. The controls were pretty fluid and the combos you can do with your lightsaber really packed a punch. Story wise, I didn't really pay a whole lot of attention to it other than the obvious stuff, I was just more focused on killing waves of enemies and destroying my environment with the new force moves I learned along the way. Overall, a pretty fun game to sit back and playthrough. And yes, they did make a second one, which I did play as well, however that one won't be on this list, not for any bad reason, I just found this one to be far superior. If the second game had a longer storyline / game time, that opinion may have changed, but I was just very disappointed in how quick it took me to beat the second game. That, and it just didn't feel too much different than the first, in my experience anyway.