Music Banter - View Single Post - Thoughts On Backlash Against Kanye West Headlining at Glastonbury?
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2015, 08:25 AM   #11 (permalink)
CoNtrivedNiHilism
Because I Am, I Can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnaught View Post
That wasn't directed at your comments toward Kanye, I could give 2 ****s about his music. It was your complete dismissal of an entire genre of music because of one artist you don't like.
NO man.

This is not just based around Kanye. I've followed Rap (never been a fan) since 1999. I was born in '87 so I heard more of the older Rap from uncle's and other family or friends within the family. I would rather listen to Rap from the early 80's than a lot of what is out now; where's the heart, the soul, the passion, the raw talent? Because I just don't see a lot of that in many Rap artists right now. I don't just spew sh*t without having some kind of reason to, especially in regards to any kind of music. I have the respect to at least have some knowledge so I'm not just spewing hate.

A lot of the Rap I am calling worthless sh*t, is the popular Rap you hear all over, see all over TV. My opinion...all of that is garbage, but people buy in to simple music like that like it's going out of style. If I asked you what Rap artists out there you think are worth a damn. How many of them would I already know you'd list that are part of what is wrong with the Rap movement present day? And that's if you even listen to it, if not, then whatever.

I just do not hear or see anything worth it that's coming out of the woodwork man. In the underground, and in mainstream. And a lot of what people have shown me here that they assure me is the good stuff...I just haven't had it dawn on me what exactly so special about those artists.

Rap just does nothing for me. And I've tried getting in to it my entire life, because I want to like it. Just sad that all that ever is talked about in it is stupid sh*t like big booty hoes and how much gold is in their mouth (I know it's not all like that, so spare that part of your reply please haha...)