Music Banter - View Single Post - The Lady's Comprehensive Guide to Sparks
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2015, 05:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Great intro LIL and you'll be reviewing albums that I mostly still have on vinyl, I played this band to death back in the 80s and so know most of these albums song by song and in some cases lyric for lyric, I used to play my favourite bands to death back then until scratches appeared on the vinyl.

I would add though to your great intro, that Sparks were an extremely accessible band by the time of Kimono My House despite all their weirdness, as by that time they knew what their gimmick was and quickly exploited it. They also finally made their breakthrough which like with a lot of American bands was actually here in the UK and were really big here in 1974 and 1975 before they kind of disappeared.

Also when I got into them in the 1980s they were already regarded as an old band and also it was really easy to pick up all their earlier albums (mostly)
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote