Music Banter - View Single Post - The Confessional Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 11:52 PM   #2895 (permalink)
Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Remember that guy who sent all those PMs that had everybody up in arms with last year's Love Dump? That was me. At least some of them. The first ones were mine, but someone -- Butthead I'm assuming -- started doing their own. I don't remember all that I sent, or who got sent what in general, so if you have a specific grievance then I'll have to address it on a case-by-case basis.

I never came forward because A.) people were out for blood, and B.) my Love Dumps were only meant to be tongue-in-cheek and not taken seriously, but the other troll was clearly out to legitimately hurt people's feelings, and I'd have had no way to prove whose were who. The first one I sent, to WWWP -- about her hair, and the miserable shrew thing -- wasn't meant to be taken seriously. If figured such a petty and arbitrary shot at her hair would be met with an eyeroll -- I wasn't aware at the time how sensitive she was about that -- and calling her a shrew would be such a whimsical insult that it would make it obvious that I was just ****ing around. Clearly this was not the case, and I apologize for that, but it was never meant to actually hurt your feelings.

However, I clearly remember Burning Down getting a message about how she wasn't good enough to be dating her boyfriend, and that was most certainly NOT MINE. Jokey or not, even I recognize that line, and would never cross it, even in the forum proper. After that first day I tried sending a few that were much more toned down to people I knew wouldn't be as sensitive, like to Paul, just to hopefully show that it wasn't serious, but clearly this didn't really work. Thanks to him for not outing me, since I imagine that he knew full well that came from me.

Again, sorry for hurting anyone's feelings and causing a ****storm, but I really never meant for it to be taken as anything other than a stupid joke. Can't say I regret the PM I sent to Butthead though, that just said "Loser". I think he didn't take it in the jokey manner I intended either, but clearly it was accurate anyway.
Regardless of how much you joke around at this forum, I never once lose any ounce of respect for you. Just thought i'd throw that out there.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote