Music Banter - View Single Post - no meat this friday
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 08:59 AM   #153 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
No, you are assuming. JWB has a very jarring manner about him and his questions can come off as an interrogation rather then someone that is actually curious. Has nothing to do with answering his questions and everything to do with how he words them. If you want information from someone, anyone the best way to go about that is figure out what kinda person you are talking to, then direct your questions the same way, that way you are on the same page with the person. It wouldn't surprise me if he showed up with a notebook and pen asking questions in a manner that is sterile and clinical vs a hey I am curious. And I speak from experience with JWB that is why I said that. Has nothing to do with church, or church people.
I don't see it as an interrogation. Interrogation implies a certain level of focused interest. I think he's generally just mildly interested for his own personal entertainment. I'm sure that doesn't make you want to talk to him any more, but he's not dissecting you so much as passing time while he's bored. He just has a very impersonal way of coming at the world and people in general.

Honestly, I'm much the same way. I just seem to like human connection just a bit more. Not need, but like. I'm interested in your story as a way of understanding you as a person, as opposed to just cults in general, since I find you interesting, fun to converse with, and worth knowing, but I won't pretend that I'm empathy embodied.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.

Last edited by The Batlord; 04-09-2015 at 09:05 AM.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote