Music Banter - View Single Post - no meat this friday
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 09:49 AM   #165 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
I'll buy that for a dollar... Its all in where your heart is when you talk to me (personally.) I'll talk to you all damn day long if you are actually interested, and the things we are talking about can either, change, help, or modify your thoughts or opinions, to probe me, because your bored is a waste of our collective time and we can talk about music instead. But trying to explain to someone what being "slain in the spirit" is, or what 'got the holy ghost" means just for sheer informational boredom is not my thing. See the wikipeida and youtube.
Hence why I never really ask you or other theists about that kind of thing. I don't really care and I'm not going to be swayed by the same things I've heard over and over again, so it's just a waste of both of our times, and probably more than a little condescending on my part since I would be trying to figure out why their claims were bull**** the entire time they were talking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
Yes. That is when you are praying, singing, dancing, screaming or whatever the hell and you pass out cold on the floor.. I have experienced this twice, once inside the church and the day I was baptized in the parking lot in July. (Not the best place to drop like a sack of potatoes..)
Considering just how susceptible the human brain is -- even perfectly normal human brains -- to delusions of all kinds, even if you were to have such an intense experience, I think the logical approach would be to first assume that your brain was malfunctioning until you found evidence to the contrary.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote