Music Banter - View Single Post - A New Turkish Song Everyday
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 07:50 PM   #69 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sartre View Post
I'm glad you liked my works, I'll try to write less demanding next time
^ OK, thanks, J-P Sartre. Why don´t you write a detective story, or perhaps a romantic comedy? They´d sell better than all that existentialism!

Quote:
i'm glad you like it. Yes, the guitar arpeggio is really nice. (In addition) Lute (Turkish: Ud) is played this songs introduction. And the lute is used commonly in Turkish art music.
^ Now you mention it, I noticed the lute at the start - very nice.

Quote:
Let us get into action today I'll introduce to you crazy girl in Turkish rock music. She name is Özlem Tekin. She is ebullient one.

This song about feminist girl. She says, I overcame the difficulties. But who the h*ll are you, i'll been defeated by you? (She mean her boyfriend).

Dağları Deldim

^ Yes, she really is ebullient! She looks like she´s breaking about ten taboos a minute as well!

I really like the two Gevende tracks, especially the second, but the first, with the echoing church acoustics is good too. If they are from your hometown, perhaps you´ve seen them live?

Okay Temiz is great; I have a 1981 album called Bazaar by Oriental Wind (just in mp3 style, not original vinyl)