Music Banter - View Single Post - no meat this friday
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2015, 11:11 AM   #227 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Because for so many, they need some sort of guidance that hints at a "higher meaning" in order to accept it. I'm talking about the kind of sheeple that would be chewed up and spit out within hours of signing up to this forum.
Unfortunately I agree. It's why I don't much rail against religion anymore. I might hold the same hardline views about it that I've always had, but a large majority of the world's population appear to need the kind of guidance provided by religion.

But the quotes you posted seemed to be from people who, whether they are consciously aware of it or not (I don't know enough about them to know if they're atheists, agnostics, or actual theists), see through the smoke and mirrors and yet still encourage religious belief. I might accept the need, or at least current inevitability of religion, but the idea of actively, personally advocating it would be repulsive to me.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote