Music Banter - View Single Post - The Spam Thread: Channel Your Need to Spam Here Only
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2015, 09:42 PM   #4450 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
i wish russian was a useful language to learn so i could learn it and then vicariously enjoy their country/culture even more

but it seems pretty useless.

of course mandarin is useful but it's ****ing insane. i see so many chinese symbols on boxes and **** at work i thought maybe i could start learning what some of the symbols meant... not speak the language properly but just learn some of the symbols. i was dumbfounded at the complexity and gave up rather quickly as it wasn't something i was really looking to dedicate an excessive amount of time to. that language was designed specifically to make westerners feel dumb, i believe.
Are you sure you don't mean Cantonese? Mandarin and Cantonese are the two most prevalent languages in China, but Cantonese is the most used.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote