Music Banter - View Single Post - Do drugs ever help people appreciate music?
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2015, 07:10 AM   #71 (permalink)
RoxyRollah
Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoNtrivedNiHilism View Post
No. I am not saying that I am angry that I haven't tried drugs. I am actually extremely happy that I have not. It's just not the kind of thing I want to take part in.

Did someone put the fear in me? That is likely. I did grow up in a religious family where every conversation I ever overheard was about how Jesus saves and that drug use is of the Devil. Haha. So you can imagine what that can impression upon a young mind. My bitterness is far more rooted in all the people that severely abuse drugs. They drag themselves down, and anyone they associate with. It's like you say. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I've seen what that kind of drug use can do, I've seen friends get completely gone from it, they're just not even there anymore.

And. I am sitting here laughing to myself because where you ask if someone put the scare on me, I have this hilarious voice in my head saying those words to me. I can't help but laugh.
See I can understand your upbringing and I can respect that you have had negative experiences with those you love or that were close to you in some form or another. There is nothing wrong with abstaining from them if that's your reason. But lumping all drugs together as bad/evil or what have you is a very simple minded way of looking at it. And if you really are that simple then God bless you continue you on about your day in simple ignorance. But you strike me not as simple but as inexperienced. And if that's the case don't be so judgmental and fearful. Judgement is instinct and its a necessary part of life, but it's also not a black and white thing. You should be able to discern when it's rooted in superstition, propaganda, and fear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline   Reply With Quote