Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm Here Today, Expect It To Stay On - Ki's Journal of Music
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2015, 12:39 AM   #355 (permalink)
Key

I was going to have this album reviewed with the other two in the previous post, but I wanted to give it it's own for reasons you will see.

Wolves In Sheepskin - A Van Per Oven

This album is fantastic. Truly. It's got everything that I would hope to hear in an album with tags like ambient / avant-garde / noise / whatever else they wanna call it. It truly is remarkable what kind of things you can hear in this album. The only drawback that I could see being a potential issue for some people when they listen to this album is the fact that you're going to want to sit down and take your time with it, as the tracks dont get any shorter than 9 minutes, and one track even goes for nearly 27 minutes, but hey, for me that's not a bad thing, that's perfect considering I like to just kind of mellow out and let the music take the wheel for a little while. I chose a favorite out of Mondo's album that I had heard so far, and I want to choose this one for my favorite album out of Frownland's music. I'll be looking forward to more stuff that he does like this, because I love it. I'll eat it right up. His other stuff is obviously good / great, but from a personal standpoint, I want to hear more of this type of stuff. As far as favorite tracks go, I think i'll keep it simple and go with Gravity Resistor since he managed to keep me interested in the track for the 27 minutes that it went on for. Two thumbs up. And the reason I chose to have this be it's own post is because I like to give albums that I really truly like their own post, instead of being buried under other reviews.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote