Music Banter - View Single Post - democracy pt 3
Thread: democracy pt 3
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2015, 05:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

Default democracy pt 3

so last time i did this it was all about how to arrange some theoretical dictatorship to my liking accompanied with a general run down of why i don't think democracy is an effective way of doing things. pan had an interesting counter argument that i wanted to response to but never managed to sum up the energy and then it felt like it was too late to bump that old conversation so i just let it go.

but this time i figured i'd make my thread more pragmatic and realistic and just explain my current approach to politics and see if i get any feedback.

so my current ideology that i have found very effective and happiness-inducing is what i would term "political apathy" or in other terms "not giving that much of a ****."

my reasoning for approaching politics in this way is simple. it doesn't really matter to me personally if obama wins a 3rd term or if trump becomes president, other than that i would find both scenarios intensely interesting.

realistically, it's not going to make much of a difference in my life. there are certainly going to always be other, much more immediate sources of pleasure or conflict.

so let them have it. the only people who have a real vested interest in one party winning over the other are the politicians themselves and the various media mouth pieces.
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote