Music Banter - View Single Post - Newbie Here
Thread: Newbie Here
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2015, 11:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
joenorwood77
Music Addict

Default Newbie Here

Hello everyone,

I am a huge music lover, so it appears I stumbled upon a forum that should be interesting. While I appreciate a wide variety of music, my favorites tend to be within the rock and alternative genres. Local H is my absolute favorite band ever. Some others not far behind include Guns N Roses, Nine Inch Nails, Avenged Sevenfold, Third Eye Blind, AC/DC and many others.

At one point I was compiling a list of my top 1000 bands of all time. At some point I may post that, but will hold off for a while.

Something I do want to start, but unsure if it is within the rules though; I want to start a new thread every week featuring a new band. Anyone who wishes to participate can. For the artist of the week, I, along with anyone else who wants to, will listen to every album from that band and the list the top five favorite songs by the artist. I know there is something within the rules about no "Help me with my project/study/survey/poll" so I want to make sure I am within the rules of the website. I think this will be fun to compare the lists people make from each band. Also, I will make sure to mix it up with some well known bands and some bands most have not heard of. Of course, I will also have a variety of genres. Hopefully this is all acceptable within the rules and that some of you will participate. I wish I could do more than one band per week but sometimes work becomes too busy. One band per week should allow enough time for me and others to listen to all albums and choose the top five songs.

Oh, in case it matters. I am a 37 year old male who lived in Minnesota most of his life but has lived on Maui for the past two years.
joenorwood77 is offline   Reply With Quote