Music Banter - View Single Post - http://www.musicbanter.com/prog-psychedelic-rock/43615-official-tool-thread.html
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 01:19 PM   #30 (permalink)
Merkaba
Whitewater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashmir86
The only problem I have with them is I get tired of that same dark, dreary, angry tone that you find in almost every tool song.
It's interesting because until Lateralus I had thought that as well.

I don't know why but I find Lateralus to be a very light sort of heavy in many places. In Parabola, the feeling is enlightening. But this is strange because the music is so heavily played. I think Maynard makes it lighter using the softer vocals without the dismay he incorporated in past songs like Pu**** and H.

I still think Tool are pretty dark in their feeling but maybe not so much in Lateralus. The Patient is probably my favourite song on that album right now. It's fairly comforting as a pose to much of their earlier angry work, or even the previous song of The Grudge. Oh and does anybody else think The Patient sounds just like APC's The Package? The same structure and sound. I think theres an uncanny resemblance.