Music Banter - View Single Post - Your political compass
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 07:36 PM   #568 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Mom and dad got divorced when I was 3?* Because of the unique conditions of the divorce she had to agree to let him pay basically sh*t for support. Grew up in a housing project in the slums of Lawrence, MA. We were piss poor. She was on welfare and worked full time in order to try and make ends meet for me and my two sisters.

* My mom was gay and my dad caught her with another woman. He agreed to keep that off of the record and take blame for the breakup if he would only have to pay like $15 a week per kid.

EDIT: I didn't start having good money until my mid 40s.
sorry to hear that, my apologies for assuming

mine split around 8 or so, due to my dad's problems with alcohol and drugs which caused constant financial ruin/evictions. we lived in a series of complexes up until that point, my mom tried moving us in with her sister in vermont for about 6 months, that didn't work, car got repo'd and we moved back to florida and back in with dad, that didn't work, and yea... sorta went on like that, you get the point

my dad eventually got sober in my teen years and then he started making a decent living, or compared to before anyway. but we stayed in basically the same neighborhood as before because he was a frugal and self-made man. didn't have any boss, paid no taxes, etc.
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote