Music Banter - View Single Post - Whatever would Doctor King have said? Police brutality in the 21st century
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 07:53 PM   #93 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulflower View Post
This sounds interesting and I actually like this idea. My next question would be is the camera devices going to be computer monitored or is it going to be monitored by people watching?
There are two possibilities. The first is that it gets sent to a database where nobody is watching it. Basically, it would be stored there, and the only way to access it is to have a court order/warrant. That way, as soon as someone files a complaint against an officer, the footage is retrieved for them and their defense, and it would be very difficult for someone to tamper with the footage. However, restricting public access would put more power into the hands of whoever maintains the database. Still, if footage ended up "missing", it would be very obvious that someone tampered with it.

The second possibility is that it gets streamed live, so that everyone has access to it at all times. The stream would be recorded in chunks of time (like, for example, a month) and then deleted to make room for more current streams. However, there could also be a permanent recording of all the streams sent to a database. There are a few problems with this. For starters, does everyone get to see the live feed? What about children, even though they might end up seeing someone get their head blown off? And would the constant access to their lives make the stress of being a police officer unbearable? I mean, police officers already commit suicide more often than people in many other professions. Just some food for thought.
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote