Music Banter - View Single Post - Nofx / Rancid / The Offspring
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 09:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasty_waves View Post
This is most first blog post on MusicBanter, just recently made an account.

I'd like to hear thoughts about these bands in the punk scene. I just recently saw all of these bands in the same show, and it was a great time. I am a fan of all of these artists, but I'd like to hear commentary about these bands.
Well not the biggest fan of melodic hardcore, these bands seem to be back in vogue so...I've seen 2 of these bands, Rancid back in 93 and No FX sometime in the 2000's, so I don't know if its a fair comparison, but Rancid was better live, in terms of recordings....

1. Rancid: I appreciate how they incorporated ska music into their sound. I still think Time Bomb is a killer track. Tim Armstrong is an excellent producer as well, which can be seen with his side project The Transplants. Finally, I can relate to Rancid more, as they are a working class street band, as opposed to the Offspring, who originated out of middle class suburbia.

2. The Offspring: When it comes to melodic hardcore know one did it better than the Offspring, (though I'm partial to Pennywise myself) there is a reason they sold millions of records. I can't really declare my holier than thou punk rock hared for this band, as I was into them before they became popular, around the time the Ignition album came out.

3. No FX: I really could never get into them. Personally I hate the whiny pop punk vocals that Fat Mike helped make so popular throughout the 90's. it sounds like a little kid singing.

Anyways these bands wouldn't exist if it wasn't for pioneering bands like the Dead Kennedys, The Exploited, GBH & Black Flag ect. I suggest you check them out.
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote