Music Banter - View Single Post - I agree, let's see if you do...
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 08:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoNtrivedNiHilism View Post
When I read an opinion like this, I always wonder where the Pop music even applies to Filter and their music, other than maybe some of their softer material that was geared toward radio play and MTV when they were popular.

You know your sh*t Jansz, and of course you wouldn't like something like Filter. At least you're not blowing up the thread, glorifying electronic music.

...also, isn't it obvious that Richard is talking mainly about the popular, mainstream music and not so much the underground sh*t? Probably because he wants what he hears outside of popular music culture to get the exposure it needs to push everything ****ty that dominates the charts, out and gone. Not once does he glorify Filter as being this super great band. He just feels that he's keeping the music he makes more true to the art in whatever way he can. I can say from listening to this band since Short Bus that yes, Filter had a lot going for them, and I think even the ideas Richard has in the band today are good. That's just me, though, whatever.
My familiarity with Filter is limited to Short Bus and their singles, and nothing I've heard was better than lukewarm or ever gave me the impression that he might progress on to making anything interesting. Maybe I'm wrong, and later on he went on to make material that was more unique and interesting. My guess is he didn't, but I'd be willing give it a listen if he did.

On a different note, what's wrong with electronic music?
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote