Music Banter - View Single Post - I agree, let's see if you do...
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 09:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
grtwhtgrvty
jiojoijoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoNtrivedNiHilism View Post
or any other Rock band out there.
I rest my case. You just don't know.

Quote:
You're also talking to me like me referencing Katy Perry is the only example of bland music I know. It's not. But why would I sit here and attempt convincing someone that's so tightly wrapped up in their own opinion and won't acknowledge the valid points about the state of music as a WHOLE and not just a part of it? Because you're focus on one small part of it with electronic music, like seriously dude.
No. I'm talking about you referencing Katy Perry because when I talk about the state of music with my friends, we don't reference Katy Perry or the top 40 because it's static. It's always going to be there. It's always been there. It has nothing to do with anything. Referencing Katy Perry and top 40 reminds me of those youtube comments that are like

YOU SAY LADY GAGA? I SAY NICKELBACK

YOU SAY KATY PERRY? I SAY LINKIN PARK

90% OF TEENS LISTEN TO ****TY MUSIC. IF YOU'RE ONE OF THE 10% THAT DOESN'T, POST THIS TO 10 PEOPLE.

Like it's just immature to reference Katy Perry and top 40 music in that context.

Quote:
You already had your mind made up about that interview I posted before you spent that thirty seconds skipping through it and missing anything you might have found yourself agreeing with.
Actually I watched 20 minutes of it.

Quote:
It's hard talking about things like this with a person with a view like yours, because you just won't have things any other way than your own. An MTV perspective? Dude, that's just hilarious because Richard is entirely against MTV, has been for a while. The last video I believe they had played on there was way back in 2000, when MTV didn't play so much sh*t.
Yeah this is a misunderstanding. When I talk about the MTV mentality, I'm not saying he likes MTV. I'm saying that he only pays attention to what is right in front of his face. He only listens to what is handed to him and what is within his immediate culture. That's why he references EDM the way he does. EDM is tired and static and everything sounds the same. Even all of the EDM artists are saying that. If you go to the EDM production subreddit, there is constantly threads about how static the genre is. This dude references EDM like it's this new wave of hardcore innovation when it's literally the most static genre out there. Mainstream pop is more dynamic than EDM. That's why I'm saying he has the MTV mindset. He's used to music being handed to him. That explains his narrow minded viewpoint on EDM, and his lack of music knowledge in general. People who are actually on the cutting edge, listening to the new experimental sounds, sifting through the trends in alternative music -- they aren't referencing EDM. Only an ignorant person would reference EDM as innovative. It's just such an outdated point of view.

Quote:
You're narrow minded, and your have a narrow minded perspective because of it.

You're not bringing anything substantial to this topic, so why should I bother discussing it anymore with you? Give me one reason why I should be convinced you know what you're talking about. Because you don't understand it as well as you think you do, not from how I see things.
Ad hominem.
grtwhtgrvty is offline   Reply With Quote