Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 11:11 AM   #5873 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

Who in your life has been most influential on your musical tastes?

Karl Hyde. Underworld's Dubnobasswithmyheadman was the very first recording I heard which wasn't top 40 radio pop, and I was forever changed.

Scorsese's taste for tension, Jah Shaka's towers of dub, the radical spirit of Stockhausen, the seemless electro-streams of Kraftwerk, Arthur Rimbaud's poetry and pathos, Miles Davis' haunted beauty, and the serenity of Buddha... all in one record.

What was your favorite TV show growing up (If you didn't watch any, feel free to pick a movie or a book series)?

The BBC 1967 series, The Prisoner. The series celebrates all of my deepest-held values. I'm holding a role-playing wedding in Portmierion where it was filmed with all in attendance in full costume.

What's your favorite mythological figure?

Multivac. Because Asimov.

Are there any scents that trigger memories for you?

Used bookstore smell. The sexiest scent known to man.

Guitar solos; long and strong, or short and sweet?

Long, preferably processed through Eno's tape delay system.

You write a goofy song in five minutes that ends up being the next massive pop hit; what do you name it, and how does it go?

While it is a cover, I do a smashing rendition of "Don't Touch Me" by Brak.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote