Music Banter - View Single Post - Artist/Band of the Week, Week 1: Guns N Roses
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 11:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
CoNtrivedNiHilism
Because I Am, I Can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joenorwood77 View Post
Why not? Once for sure so you can actually choose from their entire library (because of course singles are not always the best songs from any band) and I suggest twice or more if time because especially for bands/songs someone has not heard before or in a very long time, sometimes it takes twice or more to get a good feel for which songs are best.

We are all here because we love music, right? Why not choose a different band a week and focus on them? You can listen when doing whatever if you what; relaxing after school/work, while getting ready for school/work, while eating, while doing errands/chores, while doing pretty much anytime. Heck, some people can listen to music while at work. GNR has an average length discography at around 8 hours probably with 100 songs. Some bands will have only a few albums and of course some have much more.

I don't know. If this sounds like too much work, then pass. I just thought I came to the right place where people would enjoy listening to different music and sharing their thoughts.
It's a mixed bag here. Sometimes you'll get people that will take interest in your topic. Sometimes you'll get people that sort of laugh it off. Sometimes you'll get people that'll haze you over it. I'm used to it.

Off the top of my head:

Paradise City
Mr. Brownstone
Estranged
The Garden
November Rain