Music Banter - View Single Post - people you'd like to slap
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 03:17 PM   #143 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
Why does it matter who he is? His shitty opinions are dated and deserve criticism.

You make a big to do in the MLK about racism and expect cops/policies to instantly change, but the Pope get's a pass. Why?
How can the two be compared? Jesus! You're talking about ONE MAN (the leader ,admittedly but still one man) trying to change a whole dogma that has gone on for centuries, and then compare that to a police force that has been in existence for, what, about two hundred but whose policies, while they have changed over time, have never been about one thing, ie kill black guys. The Catholic Church has not changed its mantra in about five hundred years or longer. I literally don't get the connection here. At all.

Also, while we're at it, where did I say the cops' policies should instantly change? I never said that. I said they need to do something about it. I don't expect it to change tomorrow. Also, you'll notice that I'm not saying "The Chief of Police/Justice Minister/whoever is in charge is a douche because of what's happening in the force". I'm aware it's not the fault of one man that these things happen, and you can't lay the blame for it at one door. You, apparently, are not aware of the same thing regarding the pope.